Finding appropriate wedding guest attire is not an easy task. About.com’s Nina Callaway includes a long list of don’ts in her article on wedding guest attire etiquette.
- White. (This rule has relaxed some, and you can get away with wearing a printed dress with a white background and some cream colored clothing. Just be careful not to upstage the bride.)
- Black to a daytime wedding
- Anything too sexy or revealing
- Anything torn, with holes, stained, too big or too small for you!
- Anything sleeveless or strapless to a religious wedding. Bring a wrap to cover your shoulders.
And then there are the costs involved in finding a dress, heels, and accessories (hat, shawl, handbag, and jewellery).
So how does one dress inoffensively well without dipping into the mortgage redraw facility? Continue reading →
You must be logged in to post a comment.